Traditionally, World Animal Day is celebrated every year on the 4th of October all over the world. This holiday was first organized in the roaring twenties and has been around for almost a century. This date has been chosen since it the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals. Time to treat our purry friends!
- World Animal Day is meant to educate humans internationally how all their actions can have a great impact on all animals out there (so not only cats!). Awareness needs to be created to protect the diversity of species all over the world. Did you know more than 1/3 of all species on earth are currently at risk of extinction? Time to take action!
- Heinrich Zimermann, a German writer and publisher of the magazine Mensch und Hund (Man and Dog), organized the very first World Animal Day on 24 March 1925 in Berlin. Four years later, it moved to October 4th and got it final spot on the calendar. It was always originally planned to be held in October, but the only venue large enough for all the thousands of visitors at that time, was not available that day.
- So what can you do? Maybe there are some local events in your neighborhood you can join? Make sure to take the necessary measures to protect yourself and others against the spread of COVID-19 if you decide to go outside. Utilize the power of social media and use the hashtag #WorldAnimalDay to raise your voice! If you want to take it to the next level, you can always make a donation to organizations or institutions helping animals in need.
- Since cats are our most favorite animal, don’t forget to treat your little purry friend on an extra treat or do something special with them. We love cats and they deserve all the love we can give!
- And remember, you don’t have to wait until October 4th to try and make a difference! Speak up and make every day World Animal Day.
Happy World Animal Day!
My Purry Friends
- 0 comment
- Tags: Anti Anxiety Cat Beds, Anti Vomiting Cat Bowl, Banana Cat Bed, Calming Pet Bed For Cats, Cat Bed, Cat Bed Cave, Cat Bowl, Cat Food Dishes, Cat Litter Mat, Cat Litter Mat Catcher, Cat Litter Mat Trapper, Cat Self Groomer, Cat Sleeping Bed, Elevated Cat Feeder, Fluffy Cat Bed, Grooming Glove, Luxury Pet Bed, Orthopedic Cat Bowl, Raised Cat Bowl With Stand